High School Diploma/GED
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Provides personal care and related services for clients in the home. Job duties include simple treatments, providing personal care and ensuring that the clients' surroundings are clean and orderly. The incumbent has frequent contact with clients, home health staff, and families. Provides the health care team appropriate information regarding changes in client's condition, and family concerns.
- Requires certification as a nurse?s aide; or completion of a Home Health Aide training program. Experience preferred.
- Requires CPR certification.
- Requires HHA certification and good standing on Indiana?s HHA registry; or requires certification as a nurse?s aide and in good standing on Indiana?s CNA registry.
- Requires knowledge of procedures for performing assigned tasks.
- Requires knowledge of how to operate equipment and use supplies.
- Requires ability to observe client and report changes to RN.
- Requires knowledge of principles of good personal hygiene and aseptic techniques.
- Requires ability to work independently in clients' homes.
- Requires map reading ability and access to reliable transportation in all weather and conditions.
- Requires the ability to maintain accurate charts and records.
- Requires ability to organize tasks.
- Requires good communication and public relations skills.
- Requires ability to remain alert and concentrate even when frequently interrupted.
- Requires ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.