Registered Nurse (RN)
3-5 years experience is required
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
As an RN, do you love working with infants and children? Do you love a challenge? Do you love building relationships with medical professionals? Are you a fan of a collaborative team culture? Do you have a strong attention to detail? Do you want to take your nursing career to the next level? If you can answer yes to any of the previous statements, then read on. If you meet the requirements we would love to speak to you.
Located downtown at Riley's Children's Hospital, this role will focus on the planning and care of our pediatric patients from pre-admission through the post-discharge process by working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team. The Case Manager ensures that patients are assigned the appropriate level of care, receive the appropriate services necessary and are transitioned to the appropriate post-discharge level of care. Our Case Managers perform timely, accurate and effective discharge planning for all patients. This role may also administer education and prevention programs to the patients and their families.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Requires current state of Indiana license as a Registered Nurse (This role is not a social worker role).
- Creates a plan of care for the patients/families according to preferences when applicable.
- Maintains patient care through evaluations patient records and assessments.
- Keeps open, dialog with medical staff and supervisor to ensure effective outcomes.
- Maintain precise medical records and communication as they pertain to diagnosis and treatment of discharge care.
- Requires knowledge of various software applications including Windows; Cerner; MCCM; and SMS.
- Strong clinical background in pediatric care preferred.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing is required; however, a BSN is strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of pediatric experience strongly preferred
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.