Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Transports patients to and from the point of service, including admissions, discharges, ancillary and other service areas and perform varied patient/equipment handling duties.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Requires training in all assigned competencies such as but not limited to patient oxygen equipment and monitoring of levels and amounts, patient lifting and transfers, and infection control policies.
- Requires the ability to follow oxygen transport policy and procedures, including attaching and monitoring of oxygen tank levels during transport.
- Must have the ability to frequently work in a standing position and do large amounts of walking.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to stoop, bend and twist while handling these weights.
- Must have the ability to use repetitive motions such as grasping, fine manipulating, medium dexterity, forearm/wrist rotation movement area used daily.
- Must have the ability to perform the basic patient lifting through in-service for proper technique.
- No experience required.
Learn more about working at IU Health
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.