Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Under the supervision of the designated supervisor performs essential functions as indicated for daily practice operations with duties that include patient scheduling, chart maintenance and correspondence with clinic office staff members, insurance companies and outside facilities. Assists the physician or manager in performing additional administrative details, projects and duties of highly confidential nature in using independent judgment, analytical ability and self-direction. Works independently and researches technical issues with little or no assistance.
IU Health offers challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient! If you are looking for a fulfilling career where you can make a positive impact on others, apply today!!
Located downtown at the University building days- EMR, healthcare and customer service experience preferred
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent.
- One to three months related medical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Cerner/Careweb clinical systems experience preferred.
- Ability to read in interpret documents such a safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Accounting software; Contact Management systems; Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Physical ability to periodically lift/move/carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.