Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
This position provides supervision within a work team in order to facilitate work processes and desired outcomes with an emphasis on continuous quality improvement. This position reports to Manager, Nutrition and Dietary Services.
- Requires knowledge of state (ISDH) and national regulatory agency (JCAHO) guidelines and the impact of such guidelines on the products and services the team provide.
- Requires strong leadership skills.
- Requires ability to coordinate the activities of workgroups who become accountable for specific departmental processes.
- Requires ability to apply the organization personnel policies and procedures.
- Requires knowledge of the continuous Quality Improvement process and utilizes techniques to measure outcomes and improve systems .
- Requires ability to effectively communicate with and satisfy the needs of diverse groups of employees and customers.
- Requires ability to understand and anticipate customer needs and guide operational services within the team to meet customer demands.
- Requires knowledge of financial operations in order to minimize resource consumption.
- Requires experience in Foods & Nutrition or equivalent skills and experience.
- Requires progressive managerial experience in a hospital or food service environment.
- Requires knowledge of diverse types of food service related to catered services (Administrative and Physician service) as well as cafeteria.
- Requires fine dining skills and the ability to train and coach servers in the application of these skills.
- Requires ability to coach and lead work groups physically removed from one another.
- Requires ability to monitor several operations at the same time.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.