GENERAL SUMMARY: The Director reports to the Vice President of Patient Care Services/Chief Nursing Officer and to the Vice President for Mental Health Services. Works collaboratively with the Director, Mental Health Service Line and the Medical Director for Mental Health. Has overall responsibility for daily planning, work scheduling, managing designated service personnel, and coordinating and directing the workflow and functions of the Mental Health acute inpatient unit. Promotes the safety, efficiency, and optimization of clinical practices. The director retains 24-hour responsibility, but may utilize supervisory staff to operationalize activities. Delegates to and supervises personnel, solves problems, makes decisions and develops systems and processes for successful integration and implementation. Independently carries out and is accountable for daily operations and other negotiated/assigned activities. Seeks guidance from the vice presidents for unusual or unanticipated circumstances that require deviation from financial/operational policies and standards of practice.
Experience, Education and Training Minimum:
· Current Virginia state license as a Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse holding a valid Compact State license.
· Professional knowledge of areas of responsibility to include theory, practice and administration in order to direct planning and implementation.
· Strong background in clinical research and regulatory compliance necessary.
· Previous experience in managing research grants and clinical contracts.
· Requires analytical skills necessary to organize and oversee work of subordinates.