The Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for purchasing functions including policy enforcement, vendor negotiation, contracting and financial reporting. Assigned commodities include Capital, Construction, and Purchased Services. This position reports to the Purchasing Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Sources new products and services using national contracts, CHKD Health System contracts, and/or develops new agreements for products and supplies.
· Analyzes and helps negotiate contracts to procure at the best price.
· Works collaboratively with staff to improve purchasing efficiency and processes.
· Ensures the quality and quantity of work performance is consistent with policy and standards.
· Provides purchasing expertise and educational support to internal customers and vendors.
· Resolves financial reporting and processing issues and facilitates problem resolution.
· Supports the Value Analysis process and other hospital committees as needed.
· Provides accurate and timely execution of purchasing processes and recommends process changes as needed.
· Assists Purchasing Team when necessary and performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· Professional knowledge of areas of responsibility (including theories, principles, and concepts) normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
· Four years of experience in a purchasing role required.
· Demonstrated proficiency with using purchasing related information systems and databases.
· Professional knowledge of areas of responsibility in order to assist in sourcing and purchasing activities.
· Leadership skills and delegation experience needed.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and analytical skills necessary to interact with supplying vendors, customers, and other team members.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
· Certified Materials Resource Professional (CMRP) certification a plus.