Provision of Clinical Care
· Conducts clinical psychiatric evaluation to include eliciting for mental health symptoms, chronic illness, trauma, disability, as well as the primary support group, educational system, social environment, legal system, and other psychosocial and environmental problems.
· Evaluates children and adolescents to risk for harm to self or others and triggers to such.
· Develops a clinical treatment plan to address diagnoses and symptoms identified.
· Provides evidenced based therapies to children with mental health diagnoses and, potentially, co-occurring acute or chronic illness, trauma, or disability.
· Completes comprehensive report on all of the above for review by broader treatment team (such as treating MD referral source)
· Submits psychiatric evaluation, progress notes and treatment plan for reimbursement to third party insurance payer sources based on established guidelines.
· Obtains outcome measures, through use of psychometric tools, and shares data on patient progress with collaborating physicians and to track clinical trends.
· Leads coordination efforts with patients medical care providers in order to ensure seamless integration of medical and mental health care.
· Facilitates admission to inpatient psychiatric facilities as well as referrals to community outpatient behavioral health services, when needed.
· May function in an on-call capacity as necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
· Travel to offsite locations may be required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and Training Minimum:
Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Mental Health and related fields and a current Virginia clinical license). At minimum, two years of post-license related work experience preferred. Experience with implementing evidence-based treatments with children and families required. Certification in any of the below evidenced-based modalities preferred, advanced training in modalities also considered: Parent Child Interaction Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Family Based Therapy for Anorexia Nervosa, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills necessary. Ability to work as a multidisciplinary team member.