The Telemedicine Mental Health Therapist (LCSW or LPC) is responsible for conducting mental health assessments and providing mental health therapy to patients and their families. The Telemedicine Mental Health Therapist compiles reports and treatment plans that are submitted for reimbursement to third party payer sources based on established guidelines. May function in an on-call capacity as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Travel to offsite locations may be required. Performs other duties as assigned.
Provision of Clinical Care
· Conducts clinical psychiatric evaluation to include eliciting for mental health symptoms, chronic illness, trauma, disability, as well as the primary support group, educational system, social environment, legal system, and other psychosocial and environmental problems.
· Evaluates children and adolescents to risk for harm to self or others and triggers to such.
· Develops a clinical treatment plan to address diagnosis and symptoms identified.
· Provides evidenced based therapies to children with mental health diagnosis and, potentially, co-occurring acute or chronic illness, trauma, or disability.
· Completes comprehensive report on all of the above for review by broader treatment team (such as treating MD referral source).
· Submits psychiatric evaluation, progress notes and treatment plan for reimbursement to third party insurance payer sources based on established guidelines.
· Obtains outcome measures through use of psychometric tools, shares data on patient progress with collaborating physicians, and tracks clinical trends.
· Leads coordination efforts with patients medical care providers in order to ensure seamless integration of medical and mental health care.
· Participates in weekly clinician group supervision meetings.
· Masters methods of crisis intervention and is prepared to intervene in an emergency until additional personnel can be contacted.
· Educates patients and families on the nature and process of TeleHealth.
· Ensures that all telehealth equipment is functional and fully operational.
· Navigates and reviews information from the electronic chart prior to assessment.
· May function in an on-call capacity as necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
· Travel to offsite locations may be required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
· Current Virginia license as a LCSW or LPC.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Mental Health or a related field.
· Two years of post-license related work experience preferred.
· Experience with implementing evidence-based treatments with children and families and Telemedicine based interventions/assessment required.
· Certification in any of the below evidenced-based modalities preferred, advanced training in modalities also considered: Parent Child Interaction Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Family Based Therapy for Anorexia Nervosa, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
· Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills necessary.
· Ability to work as a multidisciplinary team member.