The Clinical and Practice Education Specialist (CPES) reports to department leadership and promotes clinical excellence and education to staff, patients, family, and the community. Includes the role of learning facilitator, change agent, mentor, leader, champion for scientific inquiry, advocate for professional development, and partner for practice transitions. This position is instrumental in the design, coordination, education, evaluation and/or implementation of programs related to the patient care process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Scans the environment to identify internal and external opportunities to promote positive change, learning, professional role competence/ growth, and optimal patient care throughout the institution.
· Functions as a learning facilitator, change agent, mentor, leader, champion for scientific inquiry, advocate for professional development and partner for practice transitions.
· Supports licensed and non-licensed healthcare personnel in onboarding, orientation, ongoing competency, continued education, and role development.
· Facilitates collaborative partnerships, promotes research, and implements evidence-based practice, patient safety, and quality improvement initiatives.
· Designs, coordinates, educates, evaluates, and /or implements programs related to the patient care process.
· Performs other duties as assigned by department leadership.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
· Current Virginia state license as a Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse holding a valid Compact State license required.