Duties and Responsibilities:
· Uses computer and relevant programs to access patient records to charge/credit patients for medications, and to verify patient's location.
· Organizes and prioritizes phone calls and window traffic, and keeps the pharmacist informed.
· Collects and organizes all pertinent information under the direction of the pharmacist.
· Recognizes and prioritizes stat and emergency medication orders.
· Appropriately uses and maintains all equipment ensuring it is clean and in working order.
· Performs stock rotation, ordering, and maintaining appropriate stock levels.
· Appropriately stores medications in their designated areas.
· Compounds and/or prepackages oral suspensions, ointments/creams, unit dose oral syringes, inhalants, and tablets.
· Accurately prepares patient-specific doses with correct medication, concentration/strength, and dose.
· Labels patient medications properly and applies auxiliary labels when necessary.
· Prepares medications for loading/refilling into automated dispensing devices, and to accurately place medications in the designated location.
· Demonstrates ability to deliver patient-specific medications to the correct patient drawer, and remove expired medications from patient drawers appropriately.
· Develops rapport with patient care units by being highly visible and available to serve their needs and address concerns as they arise.
· Performs other duties as assigned.