Under direction of departmental leadership, provides support necessary to facilitate the revenue cycle process which may include patient registration, insurance verification, obtaining authorizations, third party follow-up, and billing inquiry functions. Duties include but are not limited to claims follow up, cash application and credit resolution processes of the revenue cycle process. Duties may include clerical support and cashier relief for the department. Uses critical analytical skills to effectively resolve patient account issues. Responsible for accurate data collection, documentation, and data retrieval with computerized systems. Interface with multiple departments.
Experience, Education and Training Minimum: Minimum of one year third party insurance follow-up, cash application, credit resolution, customer service and document imaging experience acquired in a hospital patient account department, physician office or medical services organization required. Must be familiar with third party payer insurance verification, billing processes, medical terminology, ICD-9, CPT and HCPC coding. Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Certification in medical office billing. Proficiency in computer keyboarding skills required. Ability to relate well with the public. Ability to effectively gather and exchange information in both oral and written communications with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year experience in third party insurance follow-up or billing in a medical services organization.
- Must be familiar with third party payer insurance verification, billing
processes, medical terminology, ICD-10, and HCPC coding.
- Proficiency in computer keyboarding and excel is necessary.
- Ability to effectively gather and exchange information in both oral and written communications with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.