Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepares and analyzes a variety of financial information including financial reports, records of financial transactions, and various accounting operation activities.
· Works collaboratively with leadership and external auditors on the preparation of requested information.
· Effectively communicates financial information and plans to facilitate informed decision making.
· Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of documentation requested by auditors; adheres to professional guidelines including GAAP regulations.
· Prepares journal entries accurately and timely as necessary based on assigned areas.
· Prepares various accounting reports provided to management.
· May require interaction with and knowledge of other areas due to the nature of financial analysis.
· Assists and supports department leadership with special projects and other tasks as needed.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
· CPA preferred.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree of Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other closely related field is required.
· A minimum of one year of accounting or related experience is required; three years of healthcare finance/accounting experience is preferred.
· Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain a variety of working relationships.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills necessary to gather, interpret, and verify accuracy of data.
· Demonstrated ability to think critically, do financial analysis and organize workload to meet established priorities and special projects as assigned.
· Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, is required.
· Experience manipulating large databases is helpful.