Duties and Responsibilities:
· Deploys, manages and supports Linux and Windows based solutions.
· Upgrades systems hardware and software components to meet business needs.
· Installs and upgrades system files and services to improve and enhance performance.
· Applies understanding and knowledge of information systems products and services to assist internal users.
· Provides comprehensive and timely resolution of assigned end user needs.
· Develops detailed technical specifications, maintains appropriate documentation, and provides technical recommendations.
· Manages system backups and data recovery processes.
· Explores and identifies opportunities for improvements.
· Provides guidance and best practices to customers on deploying products within their environment.
· Keeps abreast of trends and new developments within the technology industry.
· Provides off-hours maintenance and on-call support as required.
· Performs other duties as assigned by leadership.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field preferred.
· Five or more years of demonstrated experience implementing enterprise software packages or custom systems.
· Three to five years of Windows administration and implementation of applications, preferably in a healthcare environment.
· Knowledge of Linux and kernel modules.
· Experience with Web server administration (Apache).
· Experience configuring HA clusters.
· Familiarity with open source tools for monitoring and managing systems.
· Must be able to create scripts to automate tasks.
· Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
· Must possess a strong technical aptitude and be able to solve complex issues independently.
· Ability to follow change management processes and adhere to internal rules and regulations.
· Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with team members, various levels of management, and internal and external customers.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.