The Cultural Language Services - LEAD reports to department leadership and is responsible for the coordination and direction of staff involved in medical interpretation and translation activities. This position provides interpretation and translation services in a linguistically and culturally competent manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinates and directs the Language and Cultural Services program for the health system.
· Oversees curriculum development and provides continuing education for medical interpretation training.
· Ensures appropriate and timely delivery of interpretation and translation services.
· Oversees and ensures accurate translation of documents.
· Serves as a resource to staff on the appropriate assessment of language and cultural concerns.
· Performs other duties as directed by management.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
· Completion of a valid healthcare/ medical interpretation certification required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· Minimum five years of healthcare/ medical interpretation and translation experience necessary.
· Demonstrated ability to competently interpret in both clinical and non-clinical settings.
· Understanding of the cultural implications as they relate to the cultural context of the patients.
· Professional knowledge of areas of responsibility in order to assist in the planning and implementation of department activities.
· Interpersonal skills necessary in order to assign work to subordinates.
· Ability to work as a multidisciplinary team member.