Compounds and dispenses prescribed drugs in a healthcare facility environment. Also responsible for transferring prescriptions, handling incoming physician calls, logging data into the computer, and Drug Utilization Review. Supervises pharmacy interns and technicians. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a manager. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree, or a BS with hospital experience preferred.
- Must be licensed and/or license eligible in the State of Idaho.
- On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
- Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
- Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc., as well as mixes and administers medications.
- KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.