1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. No previous EEG experience required.
3. Completion of college-level courses in anatomy and physiology, basic electronics and medical terminology preferred.
4. Experience in a patient care setting preferred.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
· On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
· Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy stretchers and other equipment.
· Frequent moving, transferring and positioning of patients with and/or without assistance.
· Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc., as well as mixes and administers medications.
· Able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
· Able to use fine motor skills. Able to record activities, document interventions.
· Able to use computer and learn new software programs.