The primary purpose of the Peri Operative Assistant position is to expedite surgical suite preparation and provide patient care duties under direction of a Registered Nurse.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Certified, as Nursing Assistant with State of Idaho preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to use computer skills including keyboarding and practical data entry into data based software programs.
· On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
· Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy equipment.
· Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work envir
- KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.