1. Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist Program.
2. 1 to 3 year experience in central reprocessing, decontamination, and surgical scrubbing.
3. Previous Operating Room experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
· On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
· Moderate physical activity. Requires frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy equipment up to 50 pounds.
· Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
· KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.