1. Successful completion of a licensed Pharmacy Technician Program or 2-3 years experience in a retail pharmacy, pharmaceutical company or equivalent work setting.
2. Idaho State Board Pharmacy Technician registration required.
3. Hired as of 6/1/2009, national certification through PTCB or ICPT required.
4. A minimum of one-year hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
5. Pharmacy intern who has completed his/her first professional year of Pharmacy school.
6. Demonstrated ability to use computer skills including keyboarding and practical data entry into data based software programs.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
· On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
· Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting up to 25 pounds.
· Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
· Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
· KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.