Administers, supervises and coordinates clinical activities within Family Health Care to provide a safe work and therapeutic environment. Promotes positive relationships for staff, families, referral sources and patients. Recommends and develops policies and procedures, maintains staffing, and other supervisory functions. Performs R.N. duties regarding safety, admissions and medication.
1. Current Montana RN license required.
2. Current Healthcare Provider CPR required.
3. Minimum two years experience in similar position with a medical setting (eg, physician office, clinic, or hospital).
4. Minimum one year supervisor experience.
1. * Performs general nursing duties, specialty procedures. Develops, implements and revises individualized, goal directed nursing care to patients through the use of the nursing process as appropriate for RN’s in the clinic setting.
2. * Demonstrates an ability to respond to a changing workload in a positive and professional manner. Responds to changing workloads and patient conditions by: remaining calm, making objective assessments, prioritizing, and asking for assistance when appropriate.
3. * Formulates, implements, and evaluates nursing care plans. Updates care plan as necessary.
4. * Provides individual instruction to patients and their families concerning medications, health and medical needs. Provides timely, accurate and professional documentation according to facility policy.
5. * Clinical Staff of Physician clinics have clerical responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following: a. Greets patients and escorts them to the exam/procedure rooms. b. Triages patient telephone calls and provides education. c. Makes appointments for patients with specialists; schedules hospital admissions, outside ancillary tests and procedures as directed. d. Assists clerical staff in all clinically/medically related phone calls. e. Retrieves prescription calls off voice mail at least three times a day or as scheduled by supervisor and responds according to office protocol. f. Records services rendered on fee tickets and checks for accuracy. g. Assist in pulling charts, filing, telephone answering, and other duties needed to provide better customer service.
6.. * Responsible for supervision and evaluation of nursing staff.