- High School/GED
- Medical terminology knowledge.
Works independently under the supervision of the Supervisor of Imaging Services. Responsible for coordinating the scheduling of all patient exams, verifies exams, and assists with accompanying documentation utilizing department computer system. Answers and directs telephone calls and performs reception functions. Performs other duties as assigned. Directly responsible to Supervisor of Imaging Services and the Manager of Imaging Services. Works cooperatively with coworkers, Radiologists, and other physicians.
1. High school diploma; course in Medical Terminology.
2. Previous hospital or radiology computer experience preferred.
3. Type 50 wpm preferred.
4. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent telephone skills.
5. Able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure; accepts supervision, criticism, and instruction in a positive manner.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of department scheduling and requisition routing procedures. Accurately schedules procedures to comply with restrictions of department resources (time, technologist, etc.) and the needs of the patient and referring physician.
2. Works efficiently with department personnel to expedite patient flow by processing requisitions and orders in a timely manner. Communicates effectively when emergency or “add-on” exams occur.
3. Works efficiently and calmly under conditions of stress and in times of high patient volume or additional workload.
4. Maintains a helpful and courteous attitude towards patients, referring physicians, and co-workers.
5. Presents an appropriate appearance in dress, personal hygiene, and posture
6. Assumes responsibility for reading and understanding all posted policies and memos