- Computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, Internet
- Medical terminology knowledge.
Promotes a positive and professional practice image. Performs variety of medically related clerical, accounting, and billing tasks to facilitate the smooth flow of patients through the practice. Performs duties ranging from patient registration and check out to other duties as required.
1. Must meet or exceed all the requirements of Level 1
2. Minimum of 3 year experience in a medical office, clinic, or other customer service setting preferred.
3. Fundamental knowledge of basic billing procedures.
4. Medical terminology and understanding of medical records.
5. Also understands the concept of referrals, and insurance EOB scanning.
6. Must possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
7. Great verbal and written communication skills.
8. Maintains organized and accurate records.
9. Ability to understand the mission of the clinic and to implement it into daily activities.
10. Ability to operate automated systems and other office equipment.
1. Perform all Level I & 2 duties as required. Serves as a resource to Level 1.
2. Schedules and registers patients as well as electronically checking out patients
3. Perform duties related to patient billing
4. Collect and process payments, may include preparation and delivery of daily deposit
5. Verifies/inputs patient demographics in the computer system
6. Opens, sorts and distributes mail
7. Performs all aspects of medical record processing
8. Locks and unlocks clinical doors