- High School/GED
- BLS-HCP Required
- Knowledge of computer systems
- Medical terminology knowledge.
Provides customer service, clerical support, and continuous monitoring of the patient central monitor. The assistant supports the nursing and medical staff with telemetry interpretations, obtains necessary office/clinic/referring hospitals, enters computerized orders, and helps maintain the patient charts. Files lab and other test results. Completes admission/discharge data entry. Assists with bed placement. Obtains vital signs, answers telephones, patient call lights, ordering and charging for supplies. This position serves adult, geriatric, and pediatric populations.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification
3. Telemetry Certification (offered by KRMC and must be obtained after hire)
4. Typing and computer skills
5. Telephone etiquette
6. Medical terminology knowledge
7. Certified Nurse Assistant (preferred)
1. Performs clerical and technical skills in an organized and accurate manner according to hospital policies and procedures.
2. Transcribes physician orders into Meditech or via paper. Completes essential clerical patient care functions during downtime.
3. Maintains patient charts accurately. Files laboratory reports, radiology reports, dictation, and other diagnostic/treatment reports in a timely manner
4. Meet and greet all incoming patients and visitors at Holding Room and Documents patient arrival and discharge times with accurate data entry. Collaborates with RN to secure follow up for discharging patients and performs patient chart discharge process and paper disbursement in a timely manner.
5. Reports ongoing patient/customer needs to RN, Radiology personnel, and Echo Sonographer.
6. Maintains surveillance for patient cardiac telemetry monitor screens for patient deviations.
7. Responds to telemetry monitor alarms, determines if baseline deviations occur, and contacts nurse for patient care as needed. Will call a CODE Blue for assistance and notifies RN when required.
8. Demonstrates the ability to work with the RNs, Imaging personnel, and Echo Sonographers to set and maintain patient care and work priorities and respond to a changing workload.
9. Adheres and upholds all organizational customer service policies and standards while caring for patients, their families, and interacting with co-workers and physicians.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to job duties.
11. Demonstrated cost containment with all resources and utilizes attendance system per organizational guidelines.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of safety policies and procedures and NWHC professional behavior.
13. Demonstrates assistant duties of obtaining office records, bed assignments, vital signs, and other duties as assigned.
14. May be asked to transport patients to Imaging, Echo, Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, etc. via a wheelchair or stretcher.
15. Stocks unit storage area with supplies, ensures supplies are easily located and places orders to replenish stock.
16. Assist with the turnover of rooms when patients leave including emptying trash and linen, Stock supplies and linen, Check equipment and supply outdates.
17. Assists and coordinates ordering of patient meals and delivery of patient trays.