Promotes a positive and professional practice image. Performs variety of medically related clerical, accounting, and billing tasks to facilitate the smooth flow of patients through the practice. Performs duties ranging from patient registration to other duties as required. Employee must be a team member.
1. High school graduate or GED.
2. Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required. Meditech preferred.
3. Minimum one year experience in a medical office, clinic, or other customer service setting preferred. .
4. Knowledge of basic billing procedures, financial reports, medical terminology, and medical records preferred.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
1. The employee answers clinic phone calls without reminder with a professional, attentive and helpful attitude, as demonstrated by lack of customer complaints and/or as observed by office personnel.
2. The employee schedules/reschedules patient visits with minimal errors per clinic policy, paying attention and gathering appropriate patient information at the time of scheduling (appropriate physician or midlevel, insurance documentation and updated demographic information etc.)
3. The employee adapts to changing circumstances, showing flexibility in job function to meet the needs of patient flow. This standard is demonstrated by looking for opportunities to assist patients at jobs other than those assigned during busy clinic times – while showing appropriate follow through with assigned duties.
4. The employee has the ability to accurately follow through with assigned billing functions, which includes but is not limited to: accurately balancing cash flow (receipts and deposits), understanding coding accuracy and batching super bills).
5. Patient records are prepped completely re: information required to provide patient care (proper referral information in chart and filed appropriately, demographic information is updated on each visit) as demonstrated by lack of physician and/or provider complaints.
6. Required filing is accurate, in the proper order and on the appropriate record. All information is processed per HIPPA guidelines, ensuring confidentiality for every patient.
7. At the close of each business day all clinic protocols and procedures are followed, which may include schedule printing, POV follow up, reports filed and billing/cash flow reconciled.
8. The employee is comfortable with answering basic insurance and billing questions in a professional and appropriate manner. In addition, the employee understands and uses the proper protocol for securing answers not known.
9. The employee is vigilant of unit specific and organizational wide budget constraints, as demonstrated by appropriate utilization of all resources, which includes but is not limited to: supplies, overtime, low census and timelines of work product.
10. The employee mentors/orients new employees as requested with compassion and patience as well as a positive and professional manner.