***PLEASE READ***Application Process***
This posting is for all Graduate Nurse positions for Fall 2017 grads. A single application will allow you to select two separate nursing divisions of interest for which to be considered. You will also be able to specify which units/departments you are most interested in under each division. Please note: options vary based on whether you are completing a B.S.N. or A.D.N. program and units that have openings are limited. Please view the link below to see what is still available.
Below is the link to our brief descriptions of the units/departments that have openings. Not all units/departments listed under each division in the application will be hiring new graduates. Make sure you open this Nursing Specialties Link to see who is hiring.
NURSING SPECIALTIES LINK
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY STATEMENT FOR NURSES
At The University of Kansas Hospital, we strive to create a dynamic culture of professional behavior that requires personal and team accountability, self-reflection, integrity and respect. A nurse at The University of Kansas Hospital has a professional obligation to provide the highest quality of care that is reflective of the culture and to adhere to organizational policies and best practices.
This culture is actualized through image, attitudes and behavior.
· Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients
· Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population
· Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care
· Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care
· Graduate from an accredited nursing program required
· Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas or eligible required
· BLS Certification required