The Cancer Center at The University of Kansas Hospital is nationally known for innovative and compassionate cancer care. As a member of our team, you will be part of the latest advances in medicine and technology, backed by the expertise of the region's premier academic medical center. The Cancer Center's unique multidisciplinary team approach brings together nurses, physicians, social workers, nutrition experts and other clinical and administrative staff in an environment of mutual support and respect. Our commitment to quality care and patient satisfaction means every member of our staff plays a vital role in a patient's journey towards healing.
We currently have an opening for an Oncology Nurse.
* Assesses patient status utilizing physical assessments, laboratory and diagnostic results, and a patient interview to provide patient care.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skill in all aspects of IV Therapy.
* Manages care based on knowledge of cancer, treatment and side effects.
* Provides education to the patient and family regarding disease and treatment plan.
* Bachelor's degreein Nursing is required.
* Kansas RN license
* 2 years of oncology experience with IV Therapy skills.
* OCN certification within one year of employment.
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.