Work among the very best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. Thrive in a dynamic environment of clinical excellence, constant learning, and leading edge.
The Radiologic Technologist performs radiologic examination to produce images of the tissues, organs, bones and vessels of the body that assist in the diagnosis of disease or injury.
• Assumes responsibility for performing patient care activities and other tasks that contribute to the patient’s examination and treatment.
• Maintains a patient-centered focus and strives to support the mission, goals and values of the hospital, department and division.
• Maintains an organized flow of the patients scheduled, coordinate examinations in the most efficient order and perform exams in a sequence which minimizes the patient’s stay in the hospital.
• Positions patients for all types of procedures and provide proper immobilization.
• Attends to patient’s comfort during procedures.
• Performs daily work assignments in an efficient, organized manner and with an optimum degree of accuracy.
• Interacts with physicians and other technical staff to provide quality, safe and efficient care for the patient.
• Identifies nursing needs and notifies nursing or physician personnel if assistance is needed.
• Demonstrates technical expertise in properly caring for the equipment and equipment calibrations and promptly reporting malfunctions.Instructs technology students, medical students and residents about exams and equipment. Assists and/or administers accurate intravenous, oral, or rectal contrast solutions under the supervision of the physician.
* High School Diploma
* Technical/Professional Training/Degree in AART plus additional modality registry preferred. Must become AART registered withing 6 months of employment.
* Licensed by the State of Kansas Board of Healing Arts within 6 months of employment.
* Registered Radiographer (ARRT).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
* IV Therapy validation preferred.