Work among the best. As integral members of the hospital's multidisciplinary team, the Pharmacy staff continually improves its practices to keep the hospital at the forefront of medication care. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Pharmacy Technician Coordinator.
· Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
· Performs all duties under the supervision of a pharmacist licensed in the State of Kansas. Works with pharmacy administration to comply with state and federal laws.
· Participates in the orientation, education, and coordination of training for pharmacy employees, residents, students, and staff.
· Assists patients, nurses and health care providers with timely and accurate preparation and distribution of medications. Communicates with these customers to ensure they are informed regarding the status of medications and related issues.
· Ensures that regular inventories, outdate checking are preformed and that assigned areas are organized and well maintained. Assists in medication ordering in a manner that minimizes wastage and reduces stock outages.
· Assesses and maintains organization of medication inventory to comply with The Joint Commission standards, state and federal regulations.
· Assists in accurate medication order filling, compounding and record keeping to assure timely delivery of medications. Prepares medications using appropriate technique and equipment.
· Operates computer systems to accurately obtain necessary patient information and assure appropriate and accurate billing.
· Uses a courteous and professional customer-focused approach while interacting directly or on the telephone with customers. Directs customers with potential problems to the pharmacist, supervisor or administrator as appropriate.
· Assures timely distribution of prescribed medications and stock items.
· Participates in organizational and departmental performance improvement efforts and facilitating effective communication relative to these initiatives. Maintains a plan for personal development and completion of competency validation records. Participates in goal setting, ongoing development, and goals of team.
· High School Diploma/ GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Current PTCB pharmacy technician certification
· Must be eligible for technician registration in the State of Kansas
· At least two years of experience as a pharmacy technician in a large hospital setting that offers comprehensive pharmacy services is preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites software.