Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs, and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Unit Coordinator in our Nursing Services area.
* Coordinates daily staffing needs on unit and re-evaluates staffing with changes in unit work flow.
* Makes patient care assignments based upon nurse competencies and patient care needs.
* Assists staff with patient care issues.
* Facilitates seamless transition of patients in the admit/transfer/discharge process.
* Provides education to the patients and families regarding disease and treatment plan.
* Contributes to the orientation, education, and evaluation of staff.
* Keeps manager informed of department or patient care problems or needs.
At The University of Kansas Hospital, we strive to create a dynamic culture of professional behavior that requires personal and team accountability, self-reflection, integrity and respect. A nurse at The University of Kansas Hospital has a professional obligation to provide the highest quality of care that is reflective of the culture and to adhere to organizational policies and best practices.
This culture is actualized through image, attitudes and behavior.
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required.
* 2 years clinical experience is required.
* Current Kansas RN license.
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
** Supervisory, step-down, telemetry, pediatric, and ICU experience a major plus.