Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
* Pull medical records.
* Assist in locating charts as needed.
* Assemble charts.
* Provide medical records as requested by phone, walk-in, or written correspondence.
* Locate and deliver patient's medical records as needed..
* Retrieve records from other hospital areas when necessary.
* May insert laboratory reports and other lab sheets into requested medical records when necessary.and other potentially hazardous materials according to policy.
* May follow-up on duplicate file folder numbers.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Previous general clerical experience is preferred.
* Working knowledge of medical records is a plus.
* Must be proficient in filing.
If scheduled for an interview, the candidate will be required to complete an assessment on spelling and basic computer literacy.