Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Nutrition Assistant.
* Provides menus and communicates with patient/family about the room service process including food choices and times of service. Provides meals and snacks within the diet order, observes and documents food intake and response to care, and serves as a liaison between the patient, Food and Nutrition Department, and Nursing. Attends to all patient food needs. Accountable to ensure all patients on a physician-prescribed diet receive meals per patient needs/desires.
* Transports patient food carts to and from the kitchen to nursing units.
* Transports soiled carts, and empty racks for soiled trays, to and from the dish room and nursing units.
* Works collaboratively with the nursing unit staff to complete activities within scope of practice, and communicates concerning any patient issues, concerns, or needs.
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Dietetic Technician Registered (DTR)credential is preferred, but not necessary
* Food service experience, particularly in a hospital or long term care facility is highly desirable. * Team player with good work ethics.
* Excellent communication skills.