Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Radiology Equipment Specialist II to tests, repair, calibrate, and assist in installation of radiological and related equipment used in medical diagnosis or therapy.
· Minimum of Associates of Applied Sciences Degree in related field of medical electronics, electronic technology, imaging service technology or equivalent related military training and experience.
· Must possess specialized training by manufacturer or third party equipment repair in such areas as diagnostic x-ray, nuclear medicine, therapeutic x-ray, ultrasound, or radiation therapy equipment.
· 5 years or more of experience in the above mentioned fields if an active AAMI Radiology Equipment Specialist certification is held by the technician; or 7 or more years of experience performing corrective and planned maintenance in the areas of diagnostic x-ray, nuclear medicine, therapeutic x-ray, ultrasound, or radiation therapy equipment if the technician does not hold an active AAMI Radiology Equipment certification.
· Related experience operating complex testing equipment, including but not limited to high Voltage Bleeder or Dynalyzer, Densitometer, Non-Invasive KVp meter, oscilloscopes, etc.
· Must possess working knowledge of radiation physics, medical terminology, medical instrumentation, anatomy, physiology, imaging service techniques, 21 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations).
· Must possess broad knowledge and understanding of OSHA, NFPA, The Joint Commission, EOC, FDA and other specific regulations and standards pertaining to clinical and radiology equipment service and repair.
· Ability to analyze and interpret complex information related to malfunctioning imaging equipment as described by clinical staff, and then determine equipment operational condition. Follow complex written instructions, perform tasks and document actions taken to restore service.
· Certified Radiology Equipment Service (CRES) preferred but not required.