Work among the very best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. Thrive in a dynamic environment of clinical excellence, constant learning, and leading edge medical research. The Radiology Department is staffed with Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologists, Interventional Radiologists, and Nuclear Medicine Physicians dedicated to providing quality patient care.
We currently have an opening for Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer utilizes high frequency sound waves (diagnostic ultrasound) along with color and spectral Doppler ultrasound to assist in the diagnosis of a variety of conditions and diseases. The sonographer is responsible for producing dynamic and static visual images of internal structures, analyses of hemodynamics of vasculature and communicating findings to the interpreting radiologist.
* A graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program which meets requirements by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (A.R.D.M.S.)
* Credentialed RDMS and RVT in the Specialty Exams listed below
(AB) or (OB/GYN) and (VT) or
· Candidate for examination with A.R.D.M.S. for Specialty examinations listed below
(AB) or (OB/GYN) and (VT).
* One-year experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer/ Vascular Technologist with the RDMS and RVT credentials preferred.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* RDMS or RVT credential must be earned within 90 days of “date of hire”.
* RDMS or RVT credential not previously earned within the first 90 days must be earned within 12 months of hire date
(AB) or (OB/GYN) or (VT).
*RDMS (BR) Breast Specialty is required within 6 months of starting Breast Imaging Rotation.