The University of Kansas Hospital's mission is "To Lead the Nation in Caring, Healing, Teaching and Learning." We are committed to hiring individuals who demonstrate both a strong fit with our team-based and patient-focused culture and who have the skills, knowledge, and experience to succeed in their chosen position. Individuals selected for employment are those who will help us advance our mission and who exemplify our values through their personal and professional actions.
We currently have an opening for a Housekeeper II at our Indian Creek campus.
· Cleans offices, patient rooms, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and other areas as needed.
· Cleans light fixtures, ceilings, vents, mattresses, furniture, window coverings, floors and carpets.
· Cleans by dusting, mopping, vacuuming and sweeping.
· Replenishes supplies. Takes care of floors including stripping, waxing and shampooing.
· Promotes effective teamwork.
· Displays professional behavior and positive attitude at all times.
· Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
· Effectively manages hospital resources (time, supplies, equipment, etc.).
· High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience
· 2 years related experience
· Knowledge of operation of strippers, buffers and shampooers
· Good communication skills