Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Dietitian Assistant in the Clinical Nutrition Services area:
* Performs nutrition screening using system criteria to identify patients at nutrition risk.
* Collects anthropometric data & biochemical parameters to complete the screening process.
* Assesses patients’ learning needs, barriers to learning, preferred learning styles & provide education to patients on specific diet plans according to established programs.
* Communicates with patients/family about food choices & provides guidance in food selections. Observes & documents food intake & response to care.
* Prepares formula for babies in NICU using prescribed recipes & following sanitary procedures.
* Serves as a liaison between patient, the dietitian & Clinical Nutrition Department.
* Bachelor's degree in Nutrition or related field or Associate degree in Dietetic Technology from program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation Approval for Dietetic Education.
* Food service experience, particularly in hospital or long term care facility.
* Dietetic Technician Registered (DTR) preferred