Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs, and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY STATEMENT FOR NURSES
At The University of Kansas Hospital, we strive to create a dynamic culture of professional behavior that requires personal and team accountability, self-reflection, integrity and respect. A nurse at The University of Kansas Hospital has a professional obligation to provide the highest quality of care that is reflective of the culture and to adhere to organizational policies and best practices.
This culture is actualized through image, attitudes and behavior.
* Performs comprehensive assessment of selected patients including patient support systems and patient resources.
* Documents care coordination process.
* Collaborates with staff to assure patient care is guided by process standards.
* Facilitates communication regarding patients' progress and outcomes.
* Offers and implements solutions to challenges/problems.
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required.
* Current Kansas RN license or eligible.
* 2 years clinical experience
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.