The Cancer Center at The University of Kansas Hospital is nationally known for innovative and compassionate cancer care. As a member of our team, you will be part of the latest advances in medicine and technology, backed by the expertise of the region?s premier academic medical center. The Cancer Center's unique multidisciplinary team approach brings together nurses, physicians, social workers, nutrition experts and other clinical and administrative staff in an environment of mutual support and respect. Our commitment to quality care and patient satisfaction means every member of our staff plays a vital role in a patient's journey towards healing.
We currently have an opening for a Nurse Practitioner in our Cancer Center.
* Performs comprehensive assessment of selected patients/families with complex care needs.
* Addresses issues at the point of care.
* Coordinates the technical competency of staff nurses and medical residents and maintains specialty validations/certifications.
* Facilitates desired patient and organizational outcomes through consultation and collaboration.
* Master's Degree in Nursing.
* Kansas ARNP license.
* 3-5 years of clinical experience in the speciality area.
* ANCC certification from a Nurse Practitioner program.
* Needs to obtain privileges through medical staff office within first 6 months of employment.
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.