Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Dietary Aide at our Indian Creek campus.
· Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short preparation times.
· Reads food order or receives verbal instructions.
· Maintains patient diet orders, affectively communicates with nursing if any issues arise pertaining to a patient’s diet order.
· Contacts dietician on call when problems arise with patient diet orders.
· Prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
· Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
· Follows basic product directions for preparing, cooking, and serving of meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuff for consumption.
· Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment, measures and mixes ingredients, washing, and peeling, cutting and shredding vegetables.
· Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
· Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment following regulatory rules and procedures.
· Promotes effective teamwork.
· Displays professional behavior and positive attitude at all times.
· Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
· Effectively manages hospital resources (time, supplies, equipment, etc.)
· Other duties assigned by supervisor or lead dietary personnel.
· High School, GED or equivalent experience required
· 1 year experience preferred