PURPOSE: The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support to system-wide projects that range from leading quantitative analysis assignments to assisting in the design of advanced data technology solutions (data warehouse and universes) to harness the full benefit of our Epic electronic medical record system. The role supports physicians, clinical staff and business teams with innovative and creative statistical solutions in a timely, accurate, and reliable manner, communicates findings clearly to stakeholders and documents work for training and replication purposes. The Analyst is also responsible for maintaining and developing standards for the Business Intelligence department.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
· High school diploma is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Health Information Management or approved equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support department needs. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience using SQL server constructing queries of medium to advanced complexity.
· Skilled in the use of statistical/data management software packages.
· Functional understanding of healthcare and clinical operations.
· Demonstrated knowledge of data structures and relationships used in reporting historical trends, current opportunities/problems, and future direction.
· Knowledge of enterprise’s data and decision-making processes.
· Technically proficient across a range of computing platforms, languages, and applications.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Possession of sharp teamwork/partnering skills.
· Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
· A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
· Epic Report Writer Certification(s).
· Skilled in one or more of the following statistical/data management software packages: R-Statistics, SPSS or SAS.
· Experience in healthcare and medical terminology.
· Experience in statistical data analysis.
· Professional experience using the Epic electronic medical record system.
· Basic knowledge of business intelligence/data warehousing concepts.