Administrative Secretary - Process Improvement
Provide direct support as needed to department Director and under general direction performs diversified administrative duties, such as drafting correspondence, maintain files and report and provide front line support to department and guests. May be required to float throughout LMHS and perform other duties as requested
Education / Licensure/ Certification
- Advanced computer skills, including extensive experience with Microsoft Office required. Experience with Meditech, Valco, and MIDAS+ desired.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work efficiently.
- Exercise discretion, judgment and initiative.
- Ability to complete work independently with very high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding quality and risk management activities.
- Proficiently operate various office equipment, including electronic medical records and PC’s, to efficiently complete position tasks.
- Manage all data entry activities for the PI Center, including but not limited to, risk management, quality management, and patient satisfaction records.
- Perform medical record audits in multiple areas including patient care management, medical record documentation, and other clinical areas. Prepare reports on the results and distribute to the appropriate managers/directors/VPs for review.
- Attend committee meetings and take/maintain minutes of the discussion. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding meeting content at all times.
- Maintain licensed independent practitioner quality files.
- Evaluate patterns and trends in quality/safety data and identify potential improvement opportunities. Communicate findings with relevant department managers/stakeholders throughout the organization, including up to the senior leadership level.
- Manage patient compliments/complaints, including coordinating record-keeping, investigation and response activities.
- Monitor PI and HIPAA hotlines.
- Generate customer satisfaction reports and report results as needed throughout the organization.
- Process departmental supply orders.
- Compile and distribute risk management reports.
- Generate clinical quality and safety reports and distribute throughout the organization.
- Undergo training as an ISO internal auditor and complete assigned internal audits throughout the year.
- Provide administrative support for the CPR/ACLS/PALS Community Training Center Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned by the department director.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.