Physician Practice Coding Specialist
Assigns accurate ICD-9-CM and CPT/HCPCS codes to patient cases. Provides answers to coding questions from providers and others. Develops advanced expertise in coding and reimbursement for assigned areas. Audits coding and documentation accuracy for assigned practices, clinics or other areas of focus.
- Code all charts by assigning accurate codes (ICD-9, E, V, CPT/HCPCS) for health system billing and statistical purposes.
- Obtain necessary medical documentation needed to code cases in a timely manner and to support assigned codes.
- Closely monitor status of un-coded accounts to maintain unbilled receivables at lowest possible levels
- Ensure conformity to government-and other required coding policies and guidelines..
- Participate in cross-departmental efforts to ensure billing and coding is efficient and effective in processing information to ensure successful billing of patient accounts.
- Serve as coding reference / consultant to assigned physicians and others. Develop advanced level of expertise in assigned specialty areas.
- Develop coding and documentation audit plan for assigned areas. Complete audits and compose report of results and action plans.
- Completion of an accredited two-year program in Medical Records Technology at a technical school or college preferred.
- CCS or CPC credentials or eligibility to obtain required.
- Completion of an accredited two-year program in Medical Records Technology at a technical school or college preferred. CCS or CPC credentials or eligibility to obtain required.
- Communication skills necessary to function interactively and independently in answering other's coding questions.
- Knowledge and familiarity with computers.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.