POINT OF CARE TECHNICIAN (POCT)
Under assessment and supervision of the Registered Nurse and according to established policies and procedures, performs patient care activities in order to assist health care providers in performing various technical / clinical procedures in the patient care area. Job requires knowledge, skill and ability to provide basic care for a neo-natal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population
- Completes patient intake and discharge under supervision of a physician, NP, and/or RN. Completes appropriate documentation in the medical record (paper and EMR).
- Performs technical tasks, as authorized : checks vital signs, collects routine specimen, performs ECG, phlebotomy,
- Assists providers with procedures.
- Responds to emergency situations in a prompt and precise manner, and assists other health care providers as needed
- Informs Physician, NP, or RN of patient's symptoms, reactions, progress and other information pertaining to patient's care. Documents information in the medical record (paper and electronic) according to policies and procedures.
- Presents a positive appearance and attitude demonstrating excellent guest relation skills, interpersonal skills and team values within the Professional Corporation, Health System and community.
- Observes and maintains patient, staff and corporate confidentiality per policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Demonstrates ability to read, write, follow verbal or written instructions and perform simple mathematical calculations.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- MA, STNA or NA certification preferred.
- Maintains BCLS certification
- Completes orientation as specified to acquire the necessary familiarity with LMHS policies, procedures and patient care techniques within assigned patient care areas.
- Demonstrates ability to assist in the care for pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients within the scope of the job description while under the supervision of a licensed physician, NP and/or RN.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to perform: phlebotomy, ECG, vital signs, ear lavage, monofilament, glucometer, occult blood, visual and auditory acuity, strep screen, urinalysis, urine pregnancy, specimen collection and preparation as applicable to the practice setting.
- Competency with personal computer usage and medical record documentation
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.