Outpatient Post Anesthesia Care Unit
The Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) cares for immediate postoperative patients in all age ranges. Post anesthesia care is provided for a range of specialties including ambulatory, inpatient and critical care patients. Aspects of care include respiratory and cardiovascular stability, with adequate control of pain and nausea. In addition, coordinates care of outpatient surgery patients with other health care providers. Duties of a PACU nurse include specializing in intravenous access for medications, blood and other blood products; provide age-related care from child through geriatric population; demonstrate good interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients, families, physicians, visitors and other health system personnel; accountable to patient and family for the care provided, and to the Director of Outpatient Services for the totality of performance; attend internal and external meetings to keep current with literature; meet all criteria/factors required of core values and competencies.
On call hours are required for this position. The number of call days per staff member varies due to vacations, sick time, FMLA, etc. On average, each staff member is assigned 4 days of call per schedule.
- LMH formulated nursing plan of care for patients
- Evaluate patient care outcomes utilizing Process Improvement.
- Utilizes Meditech and Logician menus for patient information
- Accurately document on specialized forms, and ensure departmental documents are in control
- Demonstrate understanding of various IV medication therapies and other treatments
- Demonstrates knowledge of policy and procedures specific to IV's, implanted ports and PICC lines; proficient in accessing all
- Concurrent chart review, chart disposition and reconciliation of orders and patient charges
- Provide accurate clinical information to ancillary support services, such as hospital and physician coders for billing purposes
- Enter charges correctly
- Assist with data collection and entry for Process Improvement and other quality activities
- Current RN licensure State of Ohio.
- Keep current with new technology and new drug information
- Maintain HCP certification
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Work independently
- Maintain customer service by supporting and demonstrating "Service Excellence" within the department and throughout the organization
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.