In collaboration with a physician(s), the Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner will assist in the assessment, consultation, education and management of preoperative patients within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act and advanced practice rules, and Ohio Revised Code 4730 and 4731-4. This practitioner will report jointly to the Medical Director of Anesthesiology and the Director of Surgical Services.
· Provides assessment, consultation and education to patients and families undergoing surgical and non-surgical procedures.
· Manages the care and treatment of patients as indicated in the professional scope of practice and within current standards of medical practice protocols/Guidelines.
· Obtains patient history and perform assessments via observation, interview and examination.
· Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies.
· Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority.
· Manages problems within their scope of competence and exercises judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral or evaluation by physician
· Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
· Maintains certification and standard care agreement
· Pursues professional growth through participation in continuing education programs
· Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
· In consultation with a physician anesthesiologist, initiates referrals to other specialties for further work-up of patients
· Graduate of a College of Nursing (BSN) and Nurse Practitioner Program (MSN or equivalent).
· Current license to practice as a registered nurse and nurse practitioner in the state of Ohio.
· Holds a current Certificate of Authority (COA) from the Ohio Board of Nursing to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP).
· Certification as Advanced Practice Nurse in designated specialty required.
· BLS provider certification and ACLS provider certification.
· Prescriptive Authority and DEA number required.
· Minimum of two years recent and relevant experience.
· Strong communication skills, verbal and written,
· Highly motivated, self-directed professional with strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
· Effective leadership and interpersonal skills; facilitates problem resolution and maintains a professional demeanor in difficult situations.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.