Licking County Educational Service Center
Develop and supervise a comprehensive health service program designed to help students achieve maximum benefit from Licking County ESC educational programs and services.
· Development and implementation of ESC staff education and competency training on a variety of health topics.
· Consults with ESC administrators regarding student health services for the Early Education Services, the MD and the ED programs.
· Helps identify safety and health hazards.
· Recommends policy and procedure development and or revisions based upon professional guidelines and standards provided by the Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio Department of Education.
· Serves as ESC’s blood-borne pathogen compliance officer.
· Upholds ESC board policies and follows administrative procedures.
· Promotes a favorable image and encourages community partnerships that enhance ESC programs.
· Develops procedures to ensure all medicines are properly stored.
· Provides assistance to sick and injured students. Administers first aid.
· Ensures immunization status of select students is in compliance with state law.
· Makes exclusions or readmission recommendations regarding students with communicable diseases or other health concerns.
· Assists with Kindergarten-screening program.
· Evaluates suspected medical, visual, or hearing problems. Consults parents as needed. Makes medical referrals.
· Reviews completed medical emergency authorization forms. Communicates information to staff when required to protect students' health and/or well-being.
· Participates in curriculum planning and makes health/wellness presentations.
· Maintains accurate records. Supervises the preparation of records to ensure accuracy.
· Respects personal privacy and maintains the confidentiality of privileged heath information.
· Reports suspected child abuse and/or neglect to civil authorities as required by law.
· Maintains a working relationship with community health resources.
· Performs other job related duties as directed.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Maintain current RN license in the state of Ohio
- School nurse license or certificate preferred
- Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g. a negative tuberculosis test, etc.)
- A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of normal growth and development.
- Demonstrates the ability to access pharmacology information and community health resources appropriate to the needs of the students.
- Training and/or experience in behavioral management techniques.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.