I/S MANAGER - HIPAA PRIVACY & SECURITY COMPLIANCE
The HIPAA Privacy and Security Manager sets the direction and provides the vision for the privacy and security program by planning, implementing and directing ongoing privacy and data security risk activities. The Privacy and Security Manager oversees all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of; and adherence to the health system’s policies and procedures covering the privacy of, and access to, patient health information in compliance with federal and state laws, industry standards, accrediting body standards and the health system’s information privacy practices.
· The ongoing management of information security, policies and procedures, and technical systems in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the health system’s information systems that create, receive, amend, transmit, store and access e PHI.
· Develop and maintain policies and procedures that address access, use and disclosure of protected health information.
· Develop and maintain educational materials and programs related to privacy, security, and confidentiality of protected health information.
· Conduct the annual HIPAA Privacy Risk Assessment and the annual HIPAA Security Risk Assessment.
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Health Information Management, Healthcare Administration, or related field required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws, policies, procedures, and practices regarding privacy and security of protected health information, including HIPAA and HITECH.
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.