Under general supervision, installs, inspects, tests and performs repairs on refrigeration equipment, domestic water coolers, air conditioners, etc.
- Inspect refrigeration equipment, water coolers, ice makers, freezer units, etc., to ensure proper functioning. Read thermometers and gauges and records readings.
- Adjust refrigerant flow and suction valves in order to maintain desired degree of compression and temperature levels. Operates reclaimer to drain and refill equipment with refrigerant as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs refrigeration and air conditioning systems; seals refrigerant leaks, changes refrigeration compressors, and replaces faulty valves, humidistat, thermostats, pumps and so forth.
- Isolate defects in refrigeration equipment control systems by testing wiring, switches, motors and so forth, using amp meter, volt meter, andohmeter; tests operation of humidistat and thermostats with electrical meters and test lamps.
- Evaluate various factors such as pressure, temperatures, watts and gallons per minute, and installs appropriate refrigeration equipment, air conditioning equipment, water coolers, refrigerators, etc
- Mount compressors and condenser units.
- Install evaporator units inside freezing units, refrigerated room or air duct systems ensuring cost effective operation though evaluation of such factors as air flow, duct size and so forth.
- Perform oxygen, arc and acetylene welding to fabricate metal fittings and cuts and fits pipes and tubing as necessary to install refrigeration equipment.
- Assist other maintenance personnel in performing preventative maintenance, repairs on the facility and its equipment, or the installation of new equipment and assist in snow removal and grounds care as needed.
- Work requires general high school or technical school education plus six months to one year of specific preparation outside of school, certified by EPA to purchase and handle refrigerants.
- Work requires comprehensive knowledge of and ability to work with refrigerated and related equipment and procedures. Level of knowledge is normally acquired though one to two years actual on-the-job experience.
- Work requires very frequent use of independent judgment in installing, inspecting, testing and repairing refrigeration equipment, etc.
- Work requires sustained periods of concentration or attention to detail while working with refrigeration equipment.
- Work requires responsibility for materials and equipment. Probable cost in case of improper or careless handling of materials and/or equipment would be moderate.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.