Physician Coding Trainer
Candidate must have a broad background in adult development/training and demonstrate curricula design, development, and platform skills. Must have knowledge of current trends in adult learning field and enjoy explaining things to people. Computer competence is a must. Strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills needed. Must relate well to many personalities. Designs instructional material and visual aids that communicate information clearly and understandably for use in small to large groups. Possesses ability to learn complex technical concepts independently and sets and meets reasonable schedule commitments for completing training materials. Develops and facilitates physician and professional coding training, as well as education and computer training in addition to other miscellaneous training modules and materials. Assesses education needs of applicable staff. Conducts ongoing training, education and follow-up audits to ensure accuracy. Possesses a Bachelor's degree in education, communication or equivalent experience.
- Accomplishes tasks as defined on job description task list.
- Creates a learning environment.
- Present technical information effectively.
- Facilitates group discussions to problem-solve.
- Establishes a relationship with the physician and other applicable staff.
- Explains a complex concept in a clear concise manner.
- Works independently, sets priorities, and organizes work.
- Delivers effective written and verbal training material.
- Assesses staff education needs.
- Assesses provider and coder education needs.
- Listens attentively and actively to determine customer needs and develops training material accordingly.
- Interacts/Communicates in a professional manner.
- Develops education plan based on education assessments and applicable training materials.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- AHIMA approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and have one of the following credentials: CCS-P, CCA, CPC, RHIT, or RHIA.
- Three plus years training experience in a classroom setting.
- Curriculum development experience.
- Understands new technologies quickly.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, including hardware and software applications and peripherals.
- Ability to respond to change quickly and maintain a flexible work style.
- Maintains Ohio Driver's License.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.