PATIENT ACCOUNT REP/CODER CHARGE ENTRY
Arranges the efficient and orderly resolution of all patient accounts. Ensures accurate and complete coding and payment posting, as well as accurate account adjustments pursuant to the Health Systems policy while maintaining a consistent professional conduct.
· Verify demographic information
· Verify insurance eligibility verification has been completed and insurance is accurate
· Verify vaccine source is accurate based on patient insurance
· Review accuracy of code assignment and correct when necessary
· Add modifiers
· Confirm complete orders on the Peds Posting Desktop in the EMR
· Post charges utilizing the EMR Charge Hold File
· Generate Audit Journal and balance daily
· Generate Appointment Reconciliation Report to confirm all arrived appointments have been posted
· Review claims in Quadax that have stopped for pediatric coding related edits
· Confer with Insurance Follow Up Staff routinely to review edits specific to payer
· Assist Insurance Follow Up Staff with generating appeal letters
· Work with Quadax support staff to develop and maintain pediatric and payer specific edits
· Attend payer annual meetings for updates on pediatric billing issues
· CPC Certification and continuing education requirements.
· Analytical ability to detect and resolve problems.
· Nine months experience in healthcare billing collections field preferred
· Ability to operate various office machines including a Personal Computer, fax, copier, etc.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.